Responsible for supporting high-level executives and management or entire departments. Provides administrative support and performs numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing, handling visitors, routing callers, and answering questions and requests.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to departments or individuals.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Alert manager about cancelations or new meetings.
- Manage travel and schedule.
- Handle information requests.
- Prepare correspondence and stuff mail into envelopes.
- Arrange for outgoing mail and packages to be picked up.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Manage spreadsheets.
- Greet and receive visitor.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinates office management activities.
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Prepare agenda for meetings.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Helps prepare office budget.
- Plans events and volunteer activities.
- Maintain office procedures.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepares, compiles and maintains travel vouchers and records.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
- Coordinate committees and task forces.
- Relay directives, instructions and assignment to executives.
- Receive and relay telephone messages.
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Proven experience as executive secretary or similar administrative role
- Proficient in MS Office and “back-office” software (e.g. ERP)
- In depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of relevant industry
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Degree in business administration or relative field
PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR) OFFICER
We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Officer to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
As a PR Officer, you should be an organized and cool-tempered professional who is able to handle crisis. We expect you to have a creative mind and excellent communication skills. If you are also confident in your public speaking and project management abilities.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
We are looking to hire a media manager/editor with confident communication and people skills. Media Managers are expected to possess superb project management and organisational skills with the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Media Managers should demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude with a keen interest in shaping an organization’s image and values through appropriate communication to the outside world. Top candidates will display natural leadership qualities with fantastic time management and planning skills.
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Develop content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitor online and offline campaigns, and report on results.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Build and manage the organization’s social media profile and presence.
- Promote additional projects to support new product launches.
- Build long-term relationships with media influencers.
- Appropriately manage the organization’s media budget.
- Bachelors degree in Communications/Media or related (essential).
- 3 years of work experience as a Media Manager or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to create appropriate content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Ability to conduct press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key media influencers.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
I.T & COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
Ability to design & develop graphics for online updates & social media purposes
Ability to use modern technologies for maintenance & upgrade of online platforms
Ability to create, edit and produce videos and info graphics for public awareness
Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
Proficiency in design and publishing software.
Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Good time management and organizational skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
To apply Send your CV and a one page cover letter to Nigeria@Oshassociation.org