The Occupational Safety and Health Association United Kingdom known as “OSHAssociation” is locally registered in Nigeria as OSHA Association for Occupational Safety and Health of Nigeria. The Association commenced activities in Nigeria in December 2011 with the collaboration of the local and international partners and supporters in the region. Following the development of the Association in Nigeria, it was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with the Reg. Number CAC/IT/NO 93365.
OSHA Association has been duly registered with Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) under Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCUML) with registration Number: SC 151403677, in accordance with the provisions of Section 5(1) (a) and (4) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Association received their Certificate of Partnership from the Federal Fire Service since 29th July 2015, as an active supporter and partner in promotion of Fire Prevention in Nigeria and in recognition of her efforts in awareness of Occupational Safety and Health in Nigeria, promoting safety of lives and properties. The Association is also registered with the Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
International Labour Organisation (ILO) in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment has recognised the roles and achievements of OSHA Association as one of the key stakeholders, playing relevant roles for effective and sustainable National OSH Prevention Programme in Nigeria. OSHA Association is documented in the Nigeria Country Profile on Occupational Safety and Health 2016, Page 43 (Session 5.7.3) as an independent professional organization in Nigeria, published by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment.
The Association has local functional chapters in many states of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, all supported by one National Secretariat located in Abuja Nigeria. The chapters are engaged in the promotion of Occupational Safety, Health, Security and Environment best practices in the grassroots communities, with working partnership with many National and International non-governmental organisations concerned with Safety of Lives and Properties in Nigeria.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF OSHAssociation UK
- To promote the interest of and foster closer ties and relationships among its members worldwide.
- To promote development and professional best practices on Occupational Safety and Health service delivery in the industry
- To carry out advocacy and awareness campaigns on Occupational Safety and Health in the society.
- To contribute and express its views on all related regulations, policies and legislation on Occupational Safety and Health in any region.
- To cooperate with public and private corporate bodies with similar aims and objectives in the region and globally.
- To join leading organizations in the promotion and advancement of occupational safety and health in the societies and industries.
- To assist in creating easy access to the occupational safety and health information and capacity building that will reduce the cases of fatalities, accidents/injuries in the industry.
- To empower members with skills and accreditation assistance that promotes enabling platform for learning and professional development in Occupational Safety and Health in the public and private sectors.
- To focus on our key areas of interest and maintain our Motto “Promoting Safety, Saving Lives”.
- Ensure that every member abide by the professional ethics of the Association, in the service to humanity.
Occupational Safety and Health Association welcomes everyone who has a passion for safety. The Association is always ready to build partnership and relationship with individuals and corporate organisations that share our vision.
OSHAssociation is in the business of engaging professionals for the purpose of achieving its mission in any country and providing a range of opportunities for our members for professional development and relevant occupational safety and health solutions.
OSHAssociation knows that the outcomes of engaging, partnering and sharing ideas include multiple perspectives which will improve our ability to succeed.
OSHAssociation takes pride in committing to owning up to actions, decisions and obligations. We believe in transparency as well as acknowledging and celebrating accomplishments.
Respect & Integrity:
OSHAssociation earns the trust and confidence of our stakeholders through living up to the right commitments, while recognising and valuing differences and diversity.
We deliver results by setting high standards and goals. We achieve these goals by distinguishing ourselves through passion, persistence, continual improvement, competence and professionalism.